Enrollment by external or internal transfer (undergraduate and graduate studies)



External Transfer

You can register by external transfer if you have completed at least one semester of an undergraduate or postgraduate academic program in another higher education institution and wish to continue those studies at Universidad Central. Additionally, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Come from a higher education institution recognized by the Ministry of National Education

  • Comply with the academic conditions required by the program you are applying to.

Internal Transfer

You can register by internal transfer if you are an Universidad Central student of either an undergraduate or graduate program or if you want to change to another academic program offered by the university. Additionally, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Have completed and approved a minimum of 15 credits in the program you come from.

  • Comply with the requirements demanded by the program you are applying to.

  • Have a no-debt certification and have no disciplinary issues with the university.


If you plan to apply to any of the following programs, keep in mind that you must meet additional requirements:

Undergraduate programs: Performing Arts, Film, Literary Creation, Music Studies, or Social Work.
Graduate programs: Graduate Certificate in Narrative Creation, Graduate Certificate in Geography and Environmental Land Management, Graduate Certificate in Digital Advertising, Master's Degree in Literary Creation, Master's Degree in Music Studies, Master's Degree in Society and Consumption, Master's Degree in Development Economics, Master's Degree in Organization Management, Master's Degree in Human Systems Intervention, Master’s Degree in Contemporary Social Problems Research, or Master’s Degree in Taxation.


Steps to Follow

Step 1.


To start the admissions process via external or internal transfer, you must download, print, and fill out the registration form which you must present at the university in order to file your documents.

This form, as well as the registration payment invoice, can be requested at the admissions office of the university at either the downtown or north campus.


Important Information

  • You can request your enrollment by external transfer both during the regular semester, and during the semester break. Please consult our. admissions calendar.

  • Before starting the process to become a student of Universidad Central, it is advised that you read all the general aspects that should be considered during the admissions process. .

To finalize the registration and make it effective, it is essential for you to pay related fees. This can be done through any of the following options:

Pago electrónico o en bancos autorizados

If you wish to make your payment at one of the authorized banks, do not forget to print the invoice on a laser printer.

Pay in the Finance Department


At the windows inside the Finance Department, at both the downtown and north campus (El Lago building), you can pay through one of the following options:

  • Debit card

  • Credit card

  • Business, management, or severance checks

The Finance Department does not accept cash.

In order to formalize your registration, go to the Marketing and Admissions Department at the campus of your academic program and file the following documents:

  • Completed registration form.

  • Payment receipt from registration fees.

  • Photocopy of the identity card enlarged to 150%.

  • Photocopy of the degree certificate or secondary school diploma.

  • Certificate of grades (original version), signed and stamped by the institution of origin.

  • Programmatic contents of the curriculum of the institution of origin.

  • Certificate of good behavior of the institution of origin.

  • Printed result of Saber 11 State Examination (Icfes).

Step 2.

Selección y admisión

After you complete the form and pay the registration fee, the university will determine if you meet the requirements and the academic level necessary to be admitted to the academic program you are applying to. For the external transfer study, the university will consider the quality of the institution from which the applicant comes, the relevance and coherence of the courses studied in this other institution with the requested curriculum, as well as the behavior, qualities, and abilities of the applicant.

At the end of this process, you will be informed whether or not the transfer request was admitted by the academic unit in charge of carrying out the study.

Si se ha postulado a Arte Dramático, Trabajo Social, Cine, Creación Literaria o Estudios Musicales, adicionalmente deberá presentar una prueba en el que debe demostrar que cuenta con talento, competencias y aptitudes para incursionar en la carrera seleccionada. A continuación se describe brevemente en qué consiste dicha prueba. La Universidad se comunicará con usted oportunamente para proporcionarle toda la información al respecto y, adicionalmente, la unidad académica se comunicará directamente con usted para indicarle la fecha en la que deberá presentar la respectiva prueba.

Arte Dramático:
Creación Literaria:
Estudios Musicales:
El examen depende del énfasis que escoja el aspirante
Trabajo Social:


Step 3.


Once your transfer request is approved, your academic résumé will be generated or reactivated, as may be the case, and you will be notified when you can enroll in your courses. If you need assistance for this, you can schedule a tutoring session with the academic coordinator of your program. After that, you will be able to generate the payment invoice for the tuition, which is set according to the number of credits registered.



El registro de asignaturas corresponde a la inscripción de las asignaturas que se cursarán durante el periodo académico. A partir del segundo semestre, cada estudiante realiza este registro en el sistema de información académico, a partir del cual se generará el horario de clases y se determinará el costo de la matrícula.

Realice el pago del valor de la matrícula dentro de las fechas establecidas por la Universidad. Este se puede realizar mediante cualquiera de las siguientes opciones:

Pay electronically or at an authorized bank

If you wish to make your payment at one of the authorized banks, do not forget to print the invoice on a laser printer.

Pay in the Finance Department (Tesorería)


Pay in the Finance Department

  • Debit card

  • Credit card

  • Business, management, or severance checks

The Finance Department does not accept cash.
Remember you have different financing options.

For the issuance of your card, the only valid identification document within the university, submit a photocopy of your ID card, enlarged to 150%, to the Academic Registration office at either campus of the university during the following schedules:

Downtown Campus:

Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., uninterrupted.
Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Address: Calle 21 n.º 4-79

North Campus:

Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday, every two weeks, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Última actualización: 2018-11-23 14:46
Correo electrónico



Sede Centro: carera 5 n.º 22-08
Sede Norte: carrera 15 n.º 75-14

Línea para admisiones (Bogotá): 

326 68 26

Línea gratuita nacional:

01 8000 912 534

Correos electrónicos: